Mittwoch, Mai 21, 2014

Today's me - after 7 years of living abroad

Recently I got to know a German guy, in fact just 1 year younger than me; who has recently lived in Taiwan for about 1 year. I read through his blog posts and photos, and feel his intense enthusiasm about Taiwan. How much he resembles me, but maybe the one back in 5 years ago... :P (LOL, if he stumbles upon this post...)

Anyone who stays abroad for more than 5 years would tell you: At the end, life is just life, everywhere. You can't escape your problems by moving. No place is perfect, you may just encounter different issues, but never living without issues.

After 7 years, I still enjoy meeting people, traveling around. However, not so much anymore without a purpose. I sometimes feel I've grown rather practical with my age. I can no longer make any decision following only my pure instinctive liking, without giving a deeper thought on the practical consequences.

Maybe in someone else's eyes, I'm still thinking innocently like a child. I do believe a person's look reflects how mature he/she is. In this regard, I must be still pretty young. :-)

It probably simply depends on whom I'm comparing with. Have I made that much of progress in the past 7 years?

It is very funny to read through my own blog posts back 7 years ago though. To read about things and people whom I have totally forgotten, had I not wrote them down.

I should definitely start posting my public diary again...

Keine Kommentare: